Scooters are becoming increasingly popular in the United Kingdom today. Many off-road enthusiasts now choose to use scooters for off-road activities because they are cheaper, portable and have excellent performance. An off-road electric scooter will give you an adrenaline rush. This article will tell you how to choose the best off-road electric scooter for you.
8 major features which a great off-road electric scooter should have
- Off-road grade tires are available. Tubeless knobby pneumatic tires are the most suitable tires for off-road scooters at the current level of technology, allowing scooters to fly smoothly over a variety of rugged terrain.
- Both front and rear wheels have motors. With more than 500W power front and rear wheel drive and the high torque provided, it is possible for electric scooters to climb hills of more than 25°.
- Both front and rear have brakes. High-speed off-road electric scooters need excellent braking system to ensure safety. Hydraulic disc brakes on both front and rear are the best choice at present. If you can add ABS system to prevent the tires from locking, it is even safer.
- Both front and rear have suspension system. Spring suspension and hydraulic coil-over suspension are the same great. There is not much difference in their performance in reducing the feeling of bumps. But a comfortable off-road electric scooter definitely comes with front and rear suspension system. If the suspension system can also be adjusted, it would be perfect.
- Long range. Electric scooters with poor range can be a liability if you want to ride off road in remote mountainy and forestry areas. Always choose an electric scooter that can go more than 45 miles in eco (energy-saving) mode. Generally such scooters have high capacity batteries, managing of speed limits, cruise control and regenerative braking systems.
- It comes with a retractable kickstand. An off-road electric scooter is generally heavy, so you can't always carry it around or put it in the trunk of your car. That's why it needs a ‘stand’ when you want to take a nap.
- It got a high brightness headlight. If you are riding at night in a dark mountainy or forestry area, the headlight provides you with visibility and a sense of security. It is essential.
- Foldable. Folded scooters are smaller and easy to transport by car to areas suitable for off-road activities. This way you can use all the range of the battery for off-road.